This project was implemented as a partnership between Makerere University Kampala and The Royal Norwegian Society for Development (Norges Vel), Norway from April 2013 to December 2015.
Project Funder: Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad)
Development goal: To consolidate local Renewable Energy sustainable enterprises and increase access to clean energy.
- Training of entrepreneurs and technical support (Mentoring and coaching, Market research, Business plan development , Monitoring & Evaluation of entrepreneurs and operators, exchange of knowledge and experience– South North and South to South, capacity building)
- Investment support (provide partial financial support to entrepreneurs to establish businesses)
- Promoting an autonomous incubator and active networking (establish financial and management systems, organize meetings with stakeholders)
- Annual Networking Event 2014 (Theme: “Up scaling proven renewable energy technologies to increase energy access in Uganda”)
- Annual Networking Event 2015 (Theme: “Accelerating entrepreneurship and business development in renewable energy.”)
- Royal Norwegian Embassy in Kampala Norges Vel
- Makerere University
- Nordic Climate Facility
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD)
- Husk Power Systems Private India (HPS)